[Archive] Tactical Paramedic Prep (TP-C) - Missouri Mar 2018
Course # R180320T
Date: 20-23 March 2018
Duration: 4 Days
Course Type: Tactical Paramedic Prep (TP-C)
The Tactical Paramedic Certification (TP-C) was developed by the International Board of Specialty Certification (IBSC) to implement a gold-standard for all tactical medical personnel. Before the implementation of the TP-C, tactical medical certifications were strictly civilian or military. Now, the TP-C bridges that gap and is considered the world’s most challenging tactical medical exam.
The advanced tactical medicine curriculum includes TCCC methodology, remote assessment, extraction, injuries resulting from less-lethal weapons, tactical team operations, medical mission analysis and canine management. For a comprehensive list of all topic area covered on the exam, you can view the official IBSC TP-C candidate handbook here. The TP-C certification is the gold standard for tactical medics and is the mark of a true medical professional.
Students in the TP-C Prep Course will receive a copy of IA MED's proprietary study guide, Tactical Paramedic Certification & Practical Application, by Kyle Faudree, included in their course enrollment fee. In addition to the daily lectures, students will take numerous quizzes and a full-length practice exam before completion of the course. Please note that students will still be required to register for the TP-C exam separately if they wish to obtain the certification.
Our course is used by various units to validate their medics as practitioners of tactical medicine and is approved by the IBSC as a certification review course.
You can find more information about the IBSC's TP-C exam by clicking here.
Who is the Course For?
- Seasoned tactical medics that want to validate their extensive experience.
- Tactical units that want establish a standard within their organization.
- Firefighters that want learn tactical medicine to increase interoperability with partnered law-enforcement agencies.
- EMS professionals that want to know what to do during active shooter events.
- Paramedics that want to strengthen their resume to get hired with a tactical unit.
What is Your Pass Rate?
Our civilian pilot course held from 15 to 18 September 2017 had a self-reported pass rate of 100%. Student profiles included various levels of experience, ranging from seasoned tactical medics to paramedics entirely new to tactical medicine.
What Makes IA MED Different?
We DO NOT teach to the answers of the exam. Instead, we ensure you FULLY understand the concepts and methodologies required to safely and effectively operate as a tactical medic.
Who Are the Instructors?
All of our instructors are either Special Operations Combat Medics (SOCMS) or seasoned Law Enforcement professionals that have worked on tactical teams in the 'Hot Zone'. We require all of our instructors to have extensive real-world, operational experience.
What is included in this course?
- 40 IBSC-accredited CEUs
- Lectures designed to prepare you for the TP-C exam
- Tactical Paramedic: Certification and Practical Application Study Guide
- Daily quizzes
- Comprehensive post-course exam
- Networking opportunities to get hired by a tactical unit.
- 30-minute consultation with your instructor for professional tactical medical development.
What is not included in this course?
- Skills stations and scenarios (this is available upon special request by agencies)
- This course will not make you a street-ready tactical medicine expert, which takes years of field experience. Instead, this course creates an extensive foundation of knowledge for future growth or it can act as a validation for already-experienced tactical medics.